“We are now standing in the face of the greatest historical confrontation humanity has gone through. I do not think that wide circles of the American society or wide circles of the Christian community realize this fully. We are now facing the final confrontation between the Church and the anti-Church, of the Gospel and the anti-Gospel. This confrontation lies within the plans of divine providence. It is a trial which the whole Church… must take up.” Karol Cardinal Wotyla (Sept. 1976)

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Biden as Delusional as Pelosi

Joe Biden, like Speaker Nancy Pelosi, believes he lives his life in alignment with the Roman Catholic Church:

"My views are totally consistent with Catholic social doctrine," Biden said in a 2007 interview with the Christian Science Monitor. "There are elements within the church who say that if you are at odds with any of the teachings of the church, you are at odds with the church. I think the church is bigger than that."

He is "consistent with the Church’s social doctrine". You know… beliefs like feeding the poor, clothing the naked, giving alms to relieve suffering in the world… stuff that we devout Catholics never do.

"Consistent with the Church’s social doctrine." Like being against any and all violence. He’s a pacifist. Yes, a pacifist, I understand.

Biden made that clear in 2005 when, quoted in the Cincinnati Enquirer, he said:

"The next Republican that tells me I'm not religious, I'm going to shove my rosary beads down their throat."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard many pro-life and supposedly "fully in line with the church" people act like violence is okay in some, even most, situations. Things as mild as someone saying something rude/mean to you, or saying something about the church you don't agree with. Most recently, with the UCF fiasco or the Myers fiasco, some Catholics were saying we should punish these people with death. I kid you not. And this was not just "a few people"... it was, I believe, still the minority of Catholic bloggers/posters, however... they were not being rebuked by many at all.

A good quote, btw, for Pelosi, or perhaps Biden, or anyone who refuses to take a stand about abortion...

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality." -I forgot who said it.

That's not to say I think those people should go to hell. But I think it's akin to the scripture that says it's better to be cold than lukewarm....

I could be wrong though.