- The latest nationwide survey, conducted 8/29-30, shows McCain/Palin at 47%, compared to 45% support for Obama/Biden. A statistical tie.
- Overall, 52% said the selection of Palin as McCain's Vice Presidential nominee helps the ticket, (Blogger Note: Zogby mentioned a week early that 43% of those polled thought Biden was a good pick, so Palin scored higher.)
- "A very important demographic in this election is going to be the politically independent woman, 15% of whom in our latest survey are undecided." (Blogger Note: This is why the smear campaign against Sarah Palin is going to backfire on the Democrats.)
- The survey shows that 22% of Hillary Clinton supporters in the primary and caucus earlier this year are now supporting John McCain.
- "This contest is likely to be very close until the weekend before the election - then the dam may break and support may flood one way or the other."
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Zogby Poll Data Sheds Some Light
Some very interesting data from Zogby: