With the election of the most Culture-of-Death-candidate the Presidency has ever seen, there are some silver linings that we can take away from this election season:
1) The "Pelosi Heresy," brought out in the open during this campaign, marked a turning point for the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church in America. 89 Bishops and Cardinals definitively and loudly spoke out without filter or political concern for the unborn in America. Our brave leaders (Chaput, Martino, Burke, Gracida, etc…) are ready for the task at hand in defending life during an Obama Presidency. Also, the misdirected, Catholic vote last Tuesday was byproduct of decades of prelates confusing Catholics and watering down morality in order not to offend anyone. Likewise, a decade from now there will be a byproduct of these great prelates’ preaching. The future of the RC Church in America is very bright.
2) Despite an electoral landslide behind the most liberal presidential candidate ever, one of the most liberal states (CA) voted for a State Constitutional Amendment banning gay marriage. Activist judges already have their overturning opinions written on this one, but the majority of people (52%) in this most liberal state are still against gay marriage, meaning the totals are much higher across center-right America.
3) Al Franken has apparently lost his Senate bid. This defeat happened in one of the most liberal states in America, Minnesota. As a note we heard ad nauseum on how Sarah Palin was "unqualified", while the national media never used this term when a professional joke writer ran for Senator. Recognize the bias.
4) Speaking of Sarah Palin, during this campaign she exploded on the national stage. Without a question, she will be a major force in the political landscape for many years to come. More on Palin later.
5) Democrats now hold control of the Presidency, House and Senate. If their failed, tax and spend policies, like the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac catastrophe, don’t improve the country, who are they going to blame in 2012, George Bush? Pelosi now has the opportunity of being exposed for what she really is. A dimwit. This could be setting up a Republican landslide in 2012.
6)Speaking of Bush, Conservatives and Republicans now have to now take a long, hard look at their failings and they will discover that they abandoned their bedrock principles on fiscal and moral responsibilities and this is what brought on this disaster.
7)With an African-American being elected to the highest office in our land by a popular vote, any support of Affirmative Action should be dead in America. With hard work, intelligence and dedication obtaining any office is possible in America. I once heard a comment about Affirmative Action citing, that based on its historical roots of discrimination, it discriminates against someone who was not present, nor guilty of the discrimination it is trying to remedy, to favor someone who was not necessarily discriminated against. If Michael Jordan’s child went up against a white, dirt-poor farmer’s child from the heartland, Jordan’s child would get preference. It is a ludicrous philosophy and should have been based on economic considerations, and not race, to begin with.
8) The most likely U.S. Supreme Court justices set to retire Ginsburg (75 years) and Stephens (88) are the most liberal judges on the court. Obama would be replacing liberals with liberals. The prize of the Supreme Court would be Anthony Kennedy’s (72) replacement, as Kennedy always serves as the swing and deciding vote. He is 72 years old and hopefully can hold on 4 more years as a thank you to the Republican Party that put him in the office.
9) Both the Conservative and Pro-Life causes now are the opposition cause. This tends to bring out more action, dedication, resolve and result. Our country needs it at this time.